Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hopworks - SE Portland

Hopworks Urban Brewery...as I enter I am completely in love with the wood beams, high ceilings and copper finishes. I sometimes forget how seriously we take our breweries in the Northwest :) I am reminded of Rock Bottom Brewery, except minus the "frat/alumni" crowd that often convenes there. There is the main L-shaped dining rooms with lots of booths and in one section with tables there is a kids play area. The kids play area at this place is fantastic! It has a wooden toy train set on a platform, chalkboards and a variety of other toys for the kids to play with. My daughter went straight to the play area and absorbed herself in it until dinner arrived at our table...which means I got some "me" time to relax and enjoy some adult conversation.

When dinner came we were pleasantly surprised by the size of a "medium" pizza. 4 people could've shared it with 2 good sized slices apiece. We order the "Gatherer" which included mushrooms, caramelized sweet red onions, artichoke hearts, roasted garlic, red bell peppers & black olives, topped with fresh parsley. Sooooooo good! This is in my top pizza places list from now on...and the Organic HUB Lager complimented the meal perfectly. Great beer, great pizza...it doesn't get much better than that! My daughter had the cheese pizza with organic apple slices and apple juice for her drink, only $4.75! Great deal and she ate all of it.

I will definitely be coming back for happy hour as well, but without the little one. Happy hour is only in the bar area and minors are not allowed. The menu includes many of their dishes for a fraction of the cost, like a slice of pizza for $1.75 or a chicken caesar salad for $3.75. This is definitely a great after work spot for people who want to unwind, catch up with friends or watch a game on the tv in the bar.

For more info, go to:
http://www.hopworksbeer.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment