Sunday, January 18, 2009

Deschutes Brewery - Pearl District

Being a typical Portlander, I figure the more breweries the better :) So I'm definitely a happy girl ever since Deschutes Brewery opened their Portland location in the Pearl District. Right next to the Gerding Armory at 210 NW 11th Avenue, you couldn't ask for a more central and fun location for lunch or dinner with friends or family.

If you are starting off the night with some friends for drinks, head to the spacious and beautiful bar area where you can order a 10 oz, 20 oz or pitcher of your favorite Deschutes brew. They continually update their beer selection with seasonal brews as well, so try the sample tray of six 4oz tasters to get the full experience and figure out which is your favorite.

If you are there for dinner, you will enjoy the experience of the large dining room area that includes reclaimed wood pillars that are carved and crafted into beautiful art. Whether you have a large group or small one, they can definitely accomodate any size family...and any appetite with the great menu :) There are many "beer-based" dishes on the menu, like Black Butte Porter Bolognaise and Brewery Corned Beef Reuben. I had the Classic Cheeseburger with a Twist (1/3 Pound Natural Beef Burger Marinated in Sweet Island Spices with Gruyere Cheese, House Pickles, Tomato, Grilled Red Onion, Mayo and Pub Mustard) which was really yummy and the fries were delicious too. The Cascade Ale was a light and pleasant pairing with my meal and I enjoyed that too. Not much of a kids menu, so I think that next time I will split one of their pizzas with my daughter.

Their prices were pretty much what I expected ($11.25 for my gourmet burger) but it is in a fantastic location in the Pearl District...so I wasn't surprised. Fairly noisy in here, so at least the kiddos won't stand out when they start acting up either :) Outdoor seating on picnic benches is available when the weather is nice.

For more info, go to:
www.deschutesbrewery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment